Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

wanderlust: Vegas edition

 photo welcometovegas.jpg
Every year around this time I get really antsy to travel. The weather is starting to warm up, I haven't traveled in a while, and I'm ready for a break! I already booked a trip to Hawaii for my boyfriend's birthday, I'm headed to Amsterdam and Budapest in June, but I still want to hit Vegas before it gets too hot (it's already around the 80's!). Living in So Cal, a weekend trip to Vegas is one of the easiest weekend trips ever. It's a relatively easy drive, but it still feels like a complete departure from everyday life. I love it!

When I have a vacation planned, I tend get all one-track-mind with my purchases. I'm trying to be good and not buy too much in preparation for my trips, so I'm putting myself on a window-shopping-only-as-much-as-possible kind of budget. Does that make any sense? haha Anyway, I thought I'd share a few items I've been eyeing for a Vegas trip while I mentally pack my bags! :)

 photo VegasDaytimeLookJPG.jpg
My go-to daytime look anytime I'm in the desert: breezy top, comfy jeans, a crossbody bag, and awesome accessories. Sunglasses and sunscreen are essential!
[ :: Dorothy Perkins top :: Gap boyfriend jeans :: Victoria Beckham sunglasses :: ]
[ :: Asos necklace :: La Roche Posay Anthelios :: Rebecca Minkoff bag :: Vail cuff :: ]

More after the jump! :)

 Lots of people think Vegas is just for partying and gambling, and while those are probably what most people go for, there's a ton more to do! I L-O-V-E the shopping. There's a HUGE Forever 21+ section at Fashion Show Mall, an even huger H&M at Caesar's Palace, and enough luxury brands to make me wish I had a sugar daddy. (I kid, I kid. but really.)

There are also some amazing food places ranging from a huge $10 breakfast from Hash-House-a-Go-Go to a $350 16-course tasting menu at Joël Robuchon. As a self proclaimed foodie, I've tried a ton of different places, but my favorites that I always hit up are probably Hubert Keller's Burger Bar, Mon Ami Gabi, and Thomas Keller's Bouchon. Insanely good.

I also always make time to get my music fix in Las Vegas. There are tons of big concerts (Uh, Beyonce at the MGM? Two tickets please.), smaller club shows (we saw Travie McCoy last time!), and small jazz clubs or piano bars. There's something for everyone. Can't wait to go back! If concerts aren't your scene, just walking the strip is awesome. Seeing all the bright lights, watching the Bellagio fountain show, and standing next to the faux Eiffel Tower never get old for me!


P.S. I would post a nighttime look, but in Vegas, all you need are the highest heels you can find, the shortest, tightest dress in your closet, and something obscenely sparkly. Woohoo! lol. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment