Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Designer Spotlight: yystudio on Etsy

Aaaaaaand, we're back!

Sorry for the long lapse of time between posts! First my internet went down, then I was off in NY helping my sis move into an apartment...without any internet set up! Ack!

Anyhow, I've been wanting to blog about another amazing Etsy find: yystudio!
I believe it's a completely family based company specializing in custom made garments for petite and plus size women, which is fantastic! The shop is on the pricey side, but the items are TO DIE FOR.  Plus, with a perfect fit, you don't need to worry about returns! Make sure you have up to date measurements taken for you--and be thorough! They require almost every body measurement!

Some of my favorite items from searching through their shop on Etsy are:
Classic Three Quarter Sleeve Victorian Retro Long Coat: $348

I LOVE this coat. I think this is my favorite item from their shop! It's so cute, with a vintage-y/swingy shape and three quarter sleeves! I also love that it's made from cashmere, and has a silk lining--this is not for those afraid of dry cleaning!


Why, hello there gorgeous.

I want this jacket so bad. I could do without their long winded description of this jacket (I took the liberty of shortening it on this blog) but it. is. gorgeous.

It's a little Chanel inspired, and and just SCREAMS ladylike with a touch of bad. Soooo hot. You can also get the non-cashmere version for $159.80!


I'm kind of amazed by the originality and quality of design that independent artists have. This coat, for example, seems completely normal, with just some cute detailing on the back and ruching sleeves, but it definitely doesn't end there. This other photo of the front of the jacket is what really does it for me:

Isn't this gorgeous?? It would be so perfect for those days where you have to look polished but just want to curl up in a blanket. Perfect combination!


I want this so BAD! I die for anything with bows, so the big slouchy bow on this totally does it for me! You can also get this in any solid wool color. Hooray for options!


I love the vibrant color of this piece--and, it's another great comfy-looking item! I think the sleeves on this are fabulous, and the heavier fabric makes this is fabulous option for winter! At $130 too, PLUS free shipping, it's a total steal!

Orange Pure Cashmere Victorian Retro Cape-Style Hooded Coat: $268

I love the bright orange color of this coat. You can also get it in several other colors (the gray version can be found here). This would look so fabulous with leggings, boots, and some fabulous accessories, like fur! Looooooove.







That's all for now, my loves! Let me know what your favorite items from their store are or if you decide to make a purchase!

Yours, etc.
CurvyGirlChic

No comments:

Post a Comment