Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Platform shoes for a Monster High doll

I had several pairs of the plaster casting soles, so I decided to make another pair of platforms. These are basically similar to the orange silk shoes I made earlier, only the ankle strap is different.

I glued the front parts of the insoles (from toes to about middle of the arch) in place before gluing the straps in place. If the strap construction is anything more complicated, it is better to do it first, but in this case only the end of the vertical strap needed to be glued under the insole.

Here is a closeup of the strap construction.

And here are the finished shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment