Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

color outside the lines: OOTD and a Style Challenge!


[ :: Asos Dress :: Arden B headband :: Banana Republic bracelet :: ]
[ :: H&M clutch :: Dolce Vita x Target wedges :: ]

I am most definitely a black and grey kind of girl. I don't know if it's my inner bad-ass (ha.), too many years of my mother telling me that I should wear black (for it's slimming effects), or the fact that I just think clothes look better in black (I really do), but if you were to take a peek inside my overflowing and color-coded closet, you'd see that more than half of its contents look like they belong in a black and white movie. (Color-wise, not thematically speaking.) 
However, something in the air (Spring runway looks, maybe) has me going back to the same colorful sections of my closet. Bright blues, pinks, magenta, and corals are all I really want to be wearing. Still, I struggle to integrate them fully into my wardrobe. 

Therefore, for the next few weeks, I'll be challenging myself to wear more color! 
It'll be a personal style challenge to get myself out of my clothing comfort zone, I guess. Anyone want to join me or share their favorite colorful outfits? (Pretty please? :D) 

If you guys have a favorite colorful look of your own, email me [curvygirlchic(at)gmail.com] your name, a photo of the outfit, and your blog/site (if you have one) and I'll put together a post with everyone's looks! :D I'll take photos up until Monday, February 14. :D

*Type "Color Challenge" in the email's subject line so I know it isn't spam! Thanks guys! :D

I really hope you guys will join me! :D I can't wait to see everyone's color-splashed outfits!

Yours, Etc.
CurvyGirlChic

p.s. Please send as high-quality/high resolution photo of yourself as possible. Thanks! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment