Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Lane Bryant Conference Recap! :)


Hi loves! :D

I'm finally in California now and just figured out a way to connect to my family's spotty internet! Woohoo! :D So I should be back to posting regularly--sorry for the long lapse! :X






Anyway! First and foremost, I want to say a huuuge thank you to Lane Bryant for hosting such an amazing conference--it was tons of fun and an amazing way to connect with other amazing bloggers as well as the fabulous Lane Bryant team! :)








The day started off on the absolutely BEST foot--SHOPPINGGG! :D The other 11 bloggers and I were treated to an early opening of the store and essentially given full reign of the place--I personally spent about half an hour just trying things on--so much fun!! :D I naturally gravitated towards jeans and a blazer...hehe! (Really stepped out of my box, I know. lol)



This is what I ended up wearing for the LB photo shoot:


[ :: Entire outfit gifted by Lane Bryant aside from shoes :: ]
[ :: tribal print smocked top :: ]
[ :: puffed short sleeve blazer :: ]
[ :: zip vent skinny jeans :: ]
[ :: spiked dome ring :: ]
[ :: mixed shiny bracelets :: ]
[ :: green crocodile clutch :: ]
[ :: Wanted black patent pumps :: ]

I also had my hair and makeup professionally done! It was super cool--snookie hair included! lol :)


Aside from the awesome makeovers and shopping, we also got to talk to members of the amazing Lane Bryant team, including Brian Woolf--President of Lane Bryant, Jay Dunn--VP of Marketing, and Robert Rutkauskas--Senior Designer of Trend/Color/Fabric/CAD. We also received some fabulous news regarding the future of Lane Bryant its upcoming plans! The piece of information I am most excited about is that Lane Bryant plans on launching a younger plus size line called Loop18 in August! I know that many fatshionistas consider LB's current selection a little boring or plain, so I'm very interested to see what the Loop18 collection will bring to the mix. :)

For those of you who asked about shorter pant lengths, I don't think they will be having petites again, but there were some ideas thrown out by bloggers who mentioned having on-site tailors?? I thought that was a pretty cool idea. :D

Also, you should definitely check out the Lane Bryant online community, Inside Curve! It's a cool way to get lots of plus size news, exclusive offers, stylist tips and tons more--plus you can share your favorite LB outfit photos with the rest of the community! :)

I'm sure there's lots more but I'm sleeeeepy. and fuzzy brained. :) So I'll post a part II with all the information I'm missing! I'll leave you with this lovely group photo though--these women were seriously amazing to meet, so hilarious, gorgeous, and so incredibly wonderful! :)


Yours, Etc.
CurvyGirlChic

No comments:

Post a Comment