Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

fade to the blackness


[ :: Faith21 tank :: Gap boyfriend t :: H&M skirt :: Forever21 bracelet and clutch :: ]
[ :: AE pearl&chain necklace :: headband from taiwan :: Torrid heels :: ]


So a super nice reader asked me a question about shopping at H&M--I've sort of answered this before in the Q&A post, but I'll break it down with a little more detail here.

Q: A lot of the stuff you get is from H&M and I'm just wondering what size it is and are you buying in the US or UK? I'm a size 16 and I figured the stuff in the US store isn't going to fit me.Thanks so much!

A: Okay. So. I'm a size 18 top, 16 bottom and I shop at the H&M stores in the US (no plus-size range). 
From recent posts, the purple ruffled toppink mesh floral top, and the stripey oversized top are all size L, the polka dot dress is a 14, the light blue stripey dress with tie front is a 14, white blazer is a 16, so on and so forth. My point is that you can make many different sizes work for you! The polka dot skirt I'm wearing today is an L but I could easily have fit into a S (it's suuuuuuuper stretchy! you can fit a whole other me-sized person in!).
My method when shopping H&M is to grab the largest size they have and see how that works. 
I don't want to sound like a broken record but the thing you have to do is have the patience to try stuff on. Pay attention to what fabric a piece is made out of, as well as how it's cut--if it's cut to be oversized or is made of a fabric with a lot of stretch, it'll be more forgiving than a tight non-stretch top.

Whew. That was kind of a mouthful but I hope that helps! I seriously love getting emails and questions from readers so keep them coming! I'll do my best to answer them! :)

Yours, Etc.
CurvyGirlChic

**Sorry for the repost! The formatting was totally hating on me and wouldn't show up right!! :( Sorry about the lost comments! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment