Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Quick Q&A :)



[img via fashiongonerouge]


What camera do you use?
Nikon DSLR--if you're in the market for an D/SLR, you should definitely check out B&H photography. A photography-savvy friend of mine from home swears by it, and the prices really are the lowest I can find anywhere!! 

Who takes your photos? Where do you take them?
The boyfriend takes all the photos of me, the photos of him are taken by me, and if there's a photo of me and the bf, it's most likely our friend M, who practically lives at our apartment. Our teeeeeny tiiiiiny apartment. All photos are taken in the Boston Metro area unless otherwise noted.

Do you edit your photos?
Usually just the indoor ones since they're usually too dark to see all the detail on the clothing. Or if it need to be cropped or something. I'm not that fancy. lol.

What size are you?
*GASP* you never ask a lady that question! ...er jk. I'm a US 16/18, + or - a size given typical variances by brand.


How did you end up in Boston? How do you like it there?
I came to Boston for undergrad! I'm a graduate of the Boston University School of Management and I actually minored in the School of Hospitality, too. :)


Where's your favorite place to shop and where do you online shop?
Oh geez, I shop everywhere. I love going to H&M (if you can't tell already) since they're styles are always fresh and the prices are pretty amazing! I also love to hit up Nordstrom (FAVE dept store--they carry my beloved iT! jeans!!!) and American Eagle for my spring/summer Cali-girl classics. I love online shopping at all the sample sale sites (ideeli, hautelook, gilt, etc) but sometimes they're sizing is tough for fuller figured women. Always a good resource for high end accessories though! :) Another site I go to all the time to window shop is luxevoute.com. They always have a ton of designer bags at great prices. Still out of my budget, but when I make the plunge, that's where it'll be! As usual, I'm constantly browsing the Faith21 section of F21, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, and DEFINITELY Asos Curve!! <3


How do you find stuff at H&M? I think I'm pretty close to your size and I never find clothes at stores like H&M that actually fit me. Looks like you find a lot there! Maybe I just have bad luck!
All you really have to do is this: completely disregard the size tag. just because it's marked a 14 doesn't mean it will not fit an 18/20. Similarly, just because it is marked a 16 doesn't mean it'll look great on a 14. H&M has a ton of great over-sized pieces, that plus size women can make work for their bodies. Just because something is meant to fit a size 8 like a dress doesn't mean a size 16 can't wear it like a tunic. yaknowhatimsayin? Also, pay attention to fabric and cut. If an empire waist top has smocking in the back and is made of stretchy forgiving fabric, try it on. Or, if a slub T is drapey and cut large, grab one and at least check it out. :) For this in particular, PATIENCE IS KEY.


You used to write a lot more content--why did you stop? Do you think you'll start again?
I wasn't sure people were even reading! lol, I guess you were? I really didn't want to be regurgitating the same thing as every other blogger--I mean really, how many bloggers covered the Gabby and Monique on the Oscars Red Carpet, or the V Mag and Elle France plus size issues? I don't want to waste my time with posts my readers have already seen elsewhere. I also wanted to showcase my personal style a little bit more since my favorite blogs to read are the ones full of outfits and inspiration! :) If you guys want though, let me know and I'll try to integrate content posts into my blog again! :)


What sizes are you going to have in your e-shop? When are you going to open up?!
The shop will have a bunch of different sizes that at some point fit me, or I wish fit me. There are a ton of new shoes that I absolutely fell in love with and purchased even though they were too small--into the shop they go! Also, I'm notorious for buying clothes that I never end up wearing because of one thing of another. Most of the time I can't think of what to wear it with...so those are heading into the shop as well! Also, I'll be opening soon, I promise! I'll be home in California for a week, but getting the shop up and running is the next project on my list! :)

Yay! Sorry this took so long to get finished! If there are any other questions just let me know--I love hearing from you guys! :)

Yours, Etc.
CurvyGirlChic

No comments:

Post a Comment